Besides traveling and planning other people’s travels, I write blogs, curate exhibitions, project manage everything from conferences to fundraisers. Below are links to examples of my work.
Freelance SEO Content Curator and Writer. Social Media Strategy
Content Curator, Blogger: Sane Living, Ojai, CA https://saneliving.com
Sane Living Center is a beautiful event and gathering venue, ideally situated in the heart of Ojai, California. This premium space, unique to the town, hosts a variety of holistic lifestyle events, conferences, film screenings, music and artistic performances, lectures and talks, business functions, community events, special occasions, private celebrations, and more.
Content Curator, Blogger: Heather Zakson, Special Education and Disability Rights Lawyer, Los Angeles, CA https://zaksonlaw.com
Expert advocacy and representation in Special Education and Disability Rights matters. You don’t have to do it alone.
Editor: Digital Marketing Department, Talk English Schools, USA
My position in the Digital Marketing Department of TALK International Language Schools in the US required me to curate SEO content for blogs, websites, and social media platforms. This entailed a sound knowledge of keyword research and analytics, email marketing and promotional copy, and social media management. Here are some examples of my blogs for the TALK website.
Copywriter: Catalogs, Press Releases, Newsletters and Marketing Collateral
As a gallerist in Miami, Fort Lauderdale and Los Angeles, I curated numerous exhibitions of African tribal and contemporary art. ‘Face the Magic – Gule Wamkule and its Heirs‘ addressed the relationship between traditional and contemporary African art. It was held in Santa Monica in 2017. See the catalog for the exhibition here.
For my gallery in Santa Monica, a website was needed with content, design, images, blogs and all. This was my role, along with researching the history and verifying authenticity of artifacts, and providing the marketing collateral for exhibitions and events.
Project Manager: Events, Workshops, Documentaries, Fundraisers and Exhibitions
- Project Manager/Producer: Lessons from South Africa a documentary about the South African media response to HIV/AIDS commissioned by Florida International University. Broadcast on PBS in the USA and selected for Fort Lauderdale Film Festival (October 2009).
- Event Coordinator: Rhino Farming and Community Land Use Conference in Skukuza, 2013
- Creator and Project Manager: Rangers for Rhinos 2015 Calendar, a fundraising project benefiting GRAA whose rangers are on the front line of the war against rhino poaching. The Rangers for Rhinos Facebook Page continues to draw significant engagement and followers.
- Curator: Young at Art Museum, Davie, Florida: “Not Sold in Stores” an exhibition featuring toys made from found objects by children in developing countries in Africa, Latin America and Asia.
- Curator: South Florida Museum of Archaeology and Natural History, Dania, Florida: “A Cultural History of Wildlife and People” This exhibition traveled to University of Antioquia, Medellin, Colombia.
- Curator: Gallery Camino Real, Boca Raton: Annual African Art exhibition from 1998 – 2004